Listen carefully to this video – It’s Easy! Addition/Subtraction – You don’t have to be a genius.
How old is your child? Are they learning coding? When will you start learning?
- Bill Gates – 13 years old when he started
- Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) was 12 yrs old (6th grad)
- Jack Dorsey (Square) – 8 yrs old
1st Programs They Wrote? – Very easy ones…..
- Tic-Tac-Toe (Bill Gates first program)
- What’s your favorite color (Drew Houston – Dropbox)
- Simply making something fun for myself and my sisters (Mark Zuckerberg/Facebook )
“Coders change the world. They build new, amazing things faster than ever before. Anyone with imagination can learn to write code.“
“Programming is how we talk to the machines that are increasingly woven into our lives. If you aren’t a programmer, you’re like one of the unlettered people of the Middle Ages who were told what to think by the literate priesthood. We had a Renaissance when more people could read and write; we’ll have another one when everyone programs.“
“If you can program a computer, you can achieve your dreams. A computer doesn’t care about your family background, your gender, just that you know how to code. But we’re only teaching it in a small handful of schools, why?“
What’s Wrong With This Picture?
More Perspective and Perspective from Mozilla in this video. Coding, Scouting, and Camping compared….a powerful idea.